Thursday 7 July 2011

I Guess I Will Have To Change

My name is Cam Michaels. I have moved to Riverview with my wife Leiken to try and escape my past. You see I used to be an alcoholic. Our life in the city didn't exactly help either. Leiken said we should move to a more peaceful area to kill temptation.
Our first full day in Riverview wasn't going to well. It was 10:30 AM and I was having my first drink. I knew I shouldn't but I just couldn't help it. I was addicted and even though I hated sneaking around behind Leiken's back, It felt so good to have a drink.
Unfortunately it wasn't easy to keep anything from Leiken and she found out. I pulled out the whole "It's my life!" and "You can't tell me what to do!" lines. Followed by her usual "If you want to be with me I can!". It had gotten down to a routine and although it wasn't getting as heated this time, it still wasn't fun.
"You disgust me!" she started to tear me down, these words I will never forget "I want a family with you! I want children! But I'm not willing to bring children into a world with an alcoholic, abusive scum-bag. It's not that you can't change it's that you wont. If you don't change soon, I'm gone!" I was astonished.

1 comment:

  1. You have me curious of what's next :)

    ReplyDelete